Natural Support for Viral Infections
This is NOT a cure for anything but naturopathic recommendatioins that strengthen the body and therefore one’s immune system. If you have symptoms of a bad infection seek medical advice immediatley. But make sure to follow-up with a Holistic Doctor like a chiropractor, naturopath, homeopath or Chineses medicine doctor or accupuncturist as they can provide body strengthening that will help any medical treatment for any condition.
What do I as Chiropractic Nutritionist recommend for keeping one’s immune system as strong as possible during these stressful “Covid times”?
If any symptoms of illness of any kind are present avoid all sugar, dairy and grains. Eat as you want any poultry, fish, shellfish and plenty of different colored vegetables as you can stomach! Clear vegetable or meat/bone broth soups are great when you don’t feel like eating anything heavy. Red meat is not bad during this “healing crises” but it does require a lot of energy to properly digest so it might not sit well when fighting a virus. Your body needs all the energy it has to keep the immune system and the clean-up or drainage system fully engaged until the infection is gone.
The current research out there from observing thousands of people who have used supplements to either get over COVID-19 as quickly as possible or to keep their immune system strong enough to NOT become symptomatic should they encounter it is as follows:
- Vit D 2,000 iu to 20,000 iu/day depending on your levels of vit D (blood test)
- Vit C 1,000 to 6,000 mg/day from natural complete sources not just ascorbic acid. You need the complete natural Vit C complex.
- Quercetin 500 to 1000 mg/day again naturally sourced not synthetic
- Omega 3’s, 3-6,000 iu/ day. Fish or plant sources are equally good.
- Vit A, 50,000-100,000 iu/day depending on symptoms. *Vit A can be toxic if taking over 100,000 iu for 3 months or more so check with your naturopath or nutritionist. (Most MD’s do not know a lot about nutrition and dosages).
- Polyphenols; ginger, turmeric, mango, papaya, elderberry, goldenseal, gac fruit, gogi berry, Chinese celli fruit.
- magnesium citrate 400 mg/day
- Zinc 15-30 mg/day
- Digestive enzymes with all meals and when taking your supplements to aid proper digestion. If no appetite take 3-6 capsules per day as that will help with any general inflammation
- Good multi-vitamin/mineral (One A Days like Centrum or Theragram are not that well absorbed and not enough). Contact your nutritionist or naturopath for good recommendation.
- Echinacea Goldenseal products but make sure they contain small amounts of Vit C to activate them or they won’t work as well.
- Astragalus root (tonic herb stimulates the immune system)
- Cat’s Claw herb
- CoQ10 if history of heart trouble or high B/P
- Calcium lactate for fever reduction
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and not meant as specific treatment for any disease.