I love cooking and I love to eat! Eating “good” wholesome food is critical to a long life of good health. Whole food ingredients, simple recipes and little savvy can go a long way. Adding vegan protein powder to some recipes is a simple trick to get easily absorbable protein in your diet. Using all-purpose gluten-free flour is easier to digest and less stressful on the GI tract. Adding essential oils safe for ingestion is another, using black pepper oil in soups to get the spice without the grit! Did you know that ground flaxseed and water is a very good egg substitute in many dishes. Lot’s of good ideas.
Gluten-Free Green Waffles (St. Patrick’s Day Waffles)
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Pharmanex non-GMO protein powder(veggie pro)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp chlorella powder (gives it the green color)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk(for richness and fat)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/3 cup cold press vegetable oil(optional) gives the waffle more moisture after cooking.
Mix and pour 1/2-2/3 cup on the waffle iron and Enjoy. Makes approx. 6 waffles.